Stories of Curiosity, Courage, Compassion and Collaboration in the Greater Milwaukee Synod
We encourage you to share these stories of impact from the Greater Milwaukee Synod in your congregation — for example, by…
- Downloading a GMS Story to share during worship
- Sharing a GMS Story on social media or in your email newsletter
- Discussing a GMS Story in an upcoming adult forum
GMS: “Synod” means “Together”
A video series highlighting our shared witness through the pandemic time.
A story about the candidacy process.
A story about strength in times of struggle.
A story about hunger justice work.
A story about congregations collaborating.
A story about investing in God’s mission.
GMS: Stories from Around the Synod
“Supporting Strong Babies in Milwaukee” (featuring Reformation, Milwaukee)
“ELCA World Hunger Milwaukee” (featuring Cross, Milwaukee)
Stories from ELCA Churchwide
“New Ways to be Faithful”
“A Life of Accompaniment”
“Many Languages, One Growing Faith”
FUNDING OUR SHARED IMPACT
These stories of impact are only possible through Mission Support, which is the portion of your congregational offerings that help fund the ELCA’s synod and churchwide ministries. Check out the resources below to learn more about Mission Support, and to make your congregation’s commitment to being a part of helping these ministries thrive.
- Stories of Faith in Action: A multimedia publication from ELCA Churchwide that shows how Mission Support funds ministry across our church. PUBLICATION | DOWNLOADABLE RESOURCES
- “Where does your offering go?” (A video highlighting our impact across the country and the world)
- A snapshot of Churchwide funds and their impact (these numbers will be updated in February 2022 with 2021 final figures)
- A snapshot of synod funds and their impact
- Litany for worship to dedicate mission support: one-page / bulletin insert
Congregational Mission Support Statement of Intent
Intended for use by council leaders and/or treasurers.
As congregational councils consider how to participate in God’s mission through our shared work, we invite each congregation to indicate their level of Mission Support by completing this form: