Synod Grantwriting Workshop 2014
May 20th, Mt. Carmel Lutheran Church, 6-8:30
Providing basic information on grantwriting for individuals without significant grant writing experience.
• Overview of grantwriting process
• Importance of research
• Importance of developing relationships with potential funders
• Grants for specific projects (e.g. developing marketing materials)
• Grant sources available to religious organizations
Loretta Brockmeier, Consultant and Grantswriter
• Extensive experience in writing proposals for not-for-profit organizations seeking support from private foundations, corporate funders and government entities. Work includes grant research and advice, proposal preparation, and submission of interim and final reports to funders.
• Former Program Director for the Ethnic and Folk Arts Program, Presenters Development Program and Literature Program for the Illinois Arts Council, a state agency providing funding to not-for-profit organizations.
• Experience includes successful proposals to the Rockefeller Foundation, the John D. and Catherine T. MacArthur Foundation, and the National Endowment for the Arts.
Matthew Brockmeier, Consultant and Greater Milwaukee Synod Secretary
• Extensive experience in managing not-for-profit organizations, including grantswriting and budgeting. Familiarity with synodical and congregational finances.
• Former Executive Director of the Cedarburg Cultural Center in Cedarburg, Wisconsin.
• Fundraising experience includes project and general operating grants, and naming rights.
REGISTRATION AND MORE INFORMATION TO COME