Hephatha Lutheran Church is hosting a free lunch for you to meet with Pastor Joe Ellwanger around the themes and lessons of his new book, Strength for the Struggle: Insights from the Civil Rights Movement and Urban Ministry
Written thematically rather than chronologically, the book gives the reader, and those who gather to discuss the book, an opportunity to focus on areas of ministry that continue to be very relevant today.
Date: Thursday, July 24, 2014
11:30 AM Lunch and book signing.
12:15 PM Commentary and discussion with Joe, to 1:30 PM
Place: Hephatha Lutheran Church, 1720 W. Locust, Milwaukee
RSVP: Meal is a gift from Hephatha but please register here beforehand »
If unable to register online leave a message at 414-264-0234 (Hephatha Church)
- rostered leaders and friends from the Greater Milw. Synod and beyond
- young pastors and rostered leaders who will find inspiration in the evolution of a ministry journey in challenging settings
- those who found and still find inspiration in working and walking along side of Joe in a stream of ministry settings over many years
- those who relish the discovery and insights of history, especially hearing from one who walked with Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. and other leaders who worked for desegregation and justice
- those who continue to work for peace and justice, and seek strength and hope to go on.