Custodian, Part-Time (St. John’s, Brookfield)
Custodian, part time
Are you a people person who takes pride in maintaining a clean, hospitable environment? Are you eager to pitch-in with additional tasks to support the team? St. John’s Lutheran Church in Brookfield, a large, modern facility, welcomes a friendly Custodian to assist with a variety of custodial and light maintenance tasks throughout our ten acre property. Duties also include intermittent cleaning to supplement our cleaning service. For the right candidate, this position could increase in hours to include all cleaning duties. The current position will require about ten to fifteen hours per week. Hiring pay range is $12 to $15 per hour based on experience.
- Sets up and takes down tables and chairs for events
- Makes small repairs and does minor maintenance work
- Reports problems/repairs in writing to supervisor
- Cleans carpets as needed and performs major all-building carpet cleaning annually
- Services and maintains water softener
- Cleans and dusts in high places and changes light bulbs using ladders
- Performs intermittent cleaning of the building and after large functions.
- Shovels and salts outside walkways after a snowfall.
- Monitors outside landscape issues weekly
- Attends monthly Property Committee meetings and completes tasks as requested
- 2 years custodial experience including cleaning, maintenance, repair and event set up
- Self-motivated and able to work without supervision to organize and prioritize duties
- High school graduate, able to speak, read and write English
- Must pass criminal background check and drug test
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs regularly, climb ladders, and use cleaning equipment/hand tools
- Must be flexible regarding work schedule, able to work times to meet needs of church