Office Coordinator (Atonement, Muskego)
Encouragement and Review: Pastor and Personnel Team Staff Support Person
Hours: 20 hrs per week (Monday-Friday TBD)
Scope: Collaboration and Support to:
- The Pastors and all staff
- Media and Communications Coordinator
- The Church Council, Committee & Ministry Team Leaders
- The Members of Atonement
The Office Coordinator (OC) is the principal assistant in support for publications and support to Pastors and program staff. The OC creates a positive, competent and caring point of contact in support for all who intersect with our church office.
Atonement Lutheran Church
S70W16244 Martin Drive
Muskego, WI 53150
Devotion to Jesus Christ and the ministry of Atonement Lutheran Church
People person and great teammate- how can I help my colleagues and @1members in their ministry through this church?
Maintains confidentiality and healthy conflict management (Mt 18:15-17)
Good English, grammar and proofreading skills
Required Technical Skills (or aptitude to learn)
Microsoft Office (Word, Excel)
Internet, eg.; Google docs, Email applications
MAC operating system and applications
PowerChurch Online (Database)
Planning Center Online (Worship planning)
WordPress (Web-Site Design)
Worship liturgy with basic knowledge of hymns/songs
Administrative and Secretarial
- Schedule lead Pastor’s appointments
- Supervise, train and manage office volunteers
- Publish Worship Bulletins, Streaming Announcements and @One Weekly
- Publish Growth Group Discussion Guides
- Create and Publish the Bell Newsletter
- Create and Publish youth Enewsletter.
- Participate in the Creative Worship Planning Meetings
- Prepare Correspondence, Flyers, Posters and documents as requested
- Maintain Powerchurch member database information and reports
- Maintain church calendar
- Prepare Annual Report for the Congregation
- Prepare Annual ELCA Parochial Report
- Manage Annual Role Maintenance
- Create Annual Phone Directory
- File Background check for all volunteers.
- Inform volunteers, committee and ministry team leaders of ministry needs
- Recruit volunteers in partnership with staff and ministry team leaders
- Liaise with staff person and committee for Building and Grounds
- Liaise with Finance Ministries (Bookkeeper & Treasurer)
- Manage Payroll (collect timesheets, prepare & submit to payroll service).
- File and route invoices and prepare them for payment.
- Reconcile monthly credit card invoices with charged expenses
- Maintain member envelope number assignment database
- Manage reimbursement of member expenses
- Accept shipments and compare to invoices
- Manage office budget
- Manage Mail
- Route to recipient
- Post outgoing mail and packages
- Maintain postage and bulk mail account
Support and collaborate with the @1 Media and Communications Coordinator.
Regular and occasional deadlines will require the Communications coordinator to collaborate with the Media and Communications Coordinator to complete tasks, projects and publications. This will involve creating content, text and graphics. Examples include, annual report, website maintenance, Bell newsletter, stewardship campaigns, Growth Group emphasis, CYF publications, etc.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and work of the Office Coordinator. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required. The Office Coordinator may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.