Please note: At the time of posting, the www.lutheranlakeside.com website was down; you can visit their Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/lutheranlakesidecamp/.
General Responsibilities: Lutheran Lakeside Camp (https://www.lutheranlakeside.com) nurtures personal spiritual growth by providing unique opportunities to experience the love and community of Jesus Christ in a joyful environment.
We welcome all people to experience Christian community and grow in faith, rooted in a spacious lakeside setting.
The Executive Director of Lutheran Lakeside Camp provides management and oversight for all operations to include: implementing its vision, guiding its planning, managing its staff, practicing fiscal stewardship, fundraising and marketing.
• A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college, university or seminary or equivalent work experience; At least five years in an organizational leadership position
• Experience in budget development and financial management.
• Experience in raising funds including annual gifts and major gifts.
• Experience in providing oversight in hospitality, accommodations, food service and guest services.
• Experience in leadership development and programming.
• Experience in camp/retreat based Christian Ministry preferred.
• Ability to relate to LLC Association clergy and lay members, three synod bishops and synod staff, Evangelical Lutheran Church in America Outdoor Ministry staff, Lutheran Outdoor Ministry Region 5 team
• An active faith in Jesus Christ through membership in an ELCA congregation
• Commitment to Word and Service ministry and a servant leadership style
Lutheran Lakeside Camp has continued to evolve and served the LLC member congregations and the broader community since 1960. We are in search of an individual that possesses the faith and leadership skills that can help grow the ministries of Lutheran Lakeside.