St. Matthew’s Lutheran Church, Wauwatosa
Full-time position, or possibly two part-time positions
View this position and apply at:
The financial administrator is to maintain accurate bookkeeping, process financial income and expenses, and ensure efficient office operations to complete assigned tasks.
Hours and Expectations :
This position is a full-time 40 hours per week position with our openness to it being split between two part-time people. No overtime is allowed.
Sunday mornings are also required with compensation time given during the week (on either Wednesday or Thursday).
This position is accountable to the Lead Pastor and Associate Pastors with reviews from the HR Committee through the pastors.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintains the church accounts.
- Pays bills in an accurate and timely manner.
- Reconciles credit card payments/deposits.
- Prepares payroll, coordinates employee benefits and serves as Portico Benefits liaison.
- Takes deposits to the bank.
- Maintains financial statements/online bill paying/handles memorials.
- Works with insurance agent/maintenance of building appraisal/tax report for the city of Wauwatosa.
- Works with auditors on an annual basis.
- Administers automatic withdrawals from parishioner’s checking accounts (Simply Giving Program).
- Performs records retention according to a schedule approved by the church council.
- Performs data entry, backs up electronic files, and installs software.
- Enters contributions and pledge information.
- Generates quarterly giving statements and processes all accounting records.
- Compiles membership information (adds/deletes/edits member information).
- Maintains visitor records (including newsletter mailing list).
- Produces financial reports monthly for the church council.
- Answers phones, assists visitors and communicates messages.
- Types correspondence to various groups.
- Photocopies/operates other office equipment.
- Programs/maintains phone/voicemail system.
- Purchases office supplies.
- Maintains office equipment/contracts.
- Assists in maintenance of office files.
- Assists in coordinating office volunteers (Monday morning helpers).
- Coordinates annual fall pledge drive in conjunction with Stewardship Committee and distribution of contribution envelopes.
Sunday Morning Volunteer Coordination:
- Create and Manage quarterly volunteer schedules
- Recruit volunteers for major holidays (Christmas, Easter, etc.)
- Respond to volunteer questions by email throughout the week
- Manage online software sign-ups
- Assist with Volunteer needs on Sunday morning
- Participate in weekly staff meetings (1 ½ hours on Mondays).
- Works cooperatively and in conjunction with other staff.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Computer skills, specifically in Microsoft Office Suite (Excel/Word/Powerpoint), E-mail, and Adobe Acrobat. Comfort with learning new software.
- Ability to work independently and function well as part of a team and with volunteers.
- Proficiency in Quickbooks.
- Personal friendliness creating a sense of welcome to the main office.
- Ability to organize, focus, and multitask.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma required
- Four year degree in related field is preferred
- Minimum two years accounting / bookkeeping experience
Salary: $40,000.00 /year
St. Matthew’s Ev. Lutheran Church
1615 N Wauwatosa Ave
Wauwatosa, WI 53213