Bookkeeper – Nonprofit
This is a Part-Time position, 8-12 hours per week, minimum two days per week.
Mount Hope Lutheran Church. A well established ELCA congregation located in West Allis, WI. Desired candidate should have advanced QuickBooks experience working in the nonprofit sector. Demonstrated professionalism working with clergy, parishioners, donors, volunteers and trustees. Strong organizational and time management skills, with good attention to detail.
- Producing monthly financial statements and reports to the Congregation’s finance committee
- Preparing monthly journal entries and account reconciliations
- Insure proper segregation of cash between general, memorial and restricted funds.
- Preparing monthly bank reconciliations for multiple accounts including both general, memorial and restricted funds
- Supervise part time staff preparing weekly deposits of collections, pledges, donations and on-line contributions. Ensure proper posting of all cash receipts to general, memorial or restricted funds as appropriate.
- Processing payroll with the designated third party payroll service. Experience with employee direct deposit.
- Entering and paying invoices on a timely basis, while monitoring cash flow
- Proactively maintains an organized filing system for all financial, personnel and insurance records
- Assists in the implementation, development or modification of systems and procedures and make recommendations for improvement
- Work closely with administrative assistant
- Answer questions and prepare information for the Congregation’s year end audit.
- Assist the finance committee as necessary in the preparation of an annual budget
Qualifications and Skills:
- Advanced proficiency in QuickBooks
- Strong Excel ,Microsoft Office and 10key skills
- Nonprofit experience preferred
- QuickBooks – One Year Experience
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Strong organizational, problem solving and analytical skills with an ability to manage priorities and work flow.
- Ability to deal effectively with individuals at all organizational levels
- Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org