Reformation Lutheran Church, ELCA, Brookfield, WI
Church Music Leader, Part-Time
Purpose: The purpose of the Church Music Leader is to lead the worship music ministry and to provide organ and piano music for worship services and other church functions including weddings and funerals.
Education, Skills and Ability: Be able to display a professional level of musical talent from training and experience. Have a thorough working knowledge of the congregation’s worship services and a theological understanding of church music. Communicate faithfully with the pastor, Church secretary and the congregation.
Job Performance Requirements:
- Provide organ and piano music in a professional manner for the single Sunday worship service and all seasonal and special services.
- Recruit, equip, motivate, supervise and shepherd cantors and musicians.
- Facilitate the congregation to sing and worship through the excellent execution of hymns and liturgy.
- Lead the Adult Choir and the Hand Bell Choir September-May
- Encourage the musical talents and participation of members of the congregation through organizing and coordinating special musical offerings, including soloists, instrumentalists, and small ensembles in cooperation with the Worship and Music Committee.
- Coordinate music for the Sunday School 2-3 times/year
- Arrange for qualified substitute organist or pianist when absent for church services and notify the church secretary in advance.
- Arrange for organ and piano maintenance with a qualified organ and piano repair person as needed.
- Assist in hymn selection for worship and is responsible for timely submission of hymn numbers and titles for the worship bulletin.
- Provide organ and piano music for weddings and funerals and be permitted to receive additional compensation from the parties involved.
- Work 8-12 hours per week.
- Rehearse sufficiently to maintain a high quality of music.
- Participate in an annual performance review.
- Seek professional relationships with other church musicians and keep abreast of developments in worship and liturgy through associations, continuing education, and professional church publications.
Pipe Organ- Wicks
Upright Piano- Yamaha
Electronic Keyboard- Roland Digital Piano
Hand Bells and Chimes
Qualified applicants should mail or email a resume and cover letter to the attention of :
Pastor Cheri Johnson
Reformation Lutheran Church, ELCA
915 Adelmann Ave.
Brookfield, WI 53045