Estimated Dates of Service
- August 19th, 2018 – October 28th, 2018
- Additional time may be negotiated depending on the needs of the congregation and availability of the organist.
- Flexible to the dynamic of worship
- Musically competent
– Organ and/or piano performance skills
– Choral accompaniment experience desired
- Familiarity with ELCA Lutheran liturgy preferred
- Good communication skills
- Successful completion of Federal background check
- Reports to and is responsible to the Pastor and Worship and Music Committee.
- Perform organ and/or piano music for scheduled services and events as approved by the Pastor
and Church Council.
- Serve as accompanist for occasional rehearsals of the Cathedral Choir as agreed upon on a per
diem basis based on availability and flexibility.
- Report to Worship and Music Committee the condition of and need for repairs/tuning needed of
the piano and organ as necessary.
Responsibilities of the Church to the Organist
- The organist will be paid as agreed upon, and in accordance with past practices.
- The organist will receive no vacation or sick pay. However, prior commitments made before
hiring can be negotiated and agreed upon with the Council and Worship and Music Committee.
How to Apply
Send Resume with references to Pastor Wendy Wirth-Brock at email@example.com no later than Monday, July 23rd, 2018.