Reformation Lutheran Church, ELCA, Brookfield, WI
Church Music Leader, Part-Time
Purpose: The purpose of the Church Music Leader is to lead the worship music ministry and to provide music for worship services.
Education, Skills and Ability: Be able to display a professional level of musical talent from training and experience. Have a thorough working knowledge of the congregation’s worship services and a theological understanding of church music. Communicate faithfully with the pastor, Church secretary and the congregation.
Job Performance Requirements:
- Provide organ and/or piano music in a professional manner for the single Sunday worship service and (when available) seasonal and special services.
- Rehearse with the cantors and special musicians before the worship service.
- Facilitate the congregation to sing and worship through the excellent execution of hymns and liturgy.
- Lead the Adult Choir and/or the Hand Bell Choir September-May
- Encourage the musical talents and participation of members of the congregation in cooperation with the Worship and Music Committee.
- Work 8-10 hours per week (on site 4-5 hours).
- Rehearse sufficiently to maintain a high quality of music.
- Participate in an annual performance review.
- Seek professional relationships with other church musicians and keep abreast of developments in worship and liturgy through associations, continuing education, and professional church publications.
- Ability to play both piano & organ.
- Coordinate music for the Sunday School 2-3 times/year
- Assist in hymn selection for worship and submit hymn numbers and titles for the worship bulletin.
- Provide music for other church functions including weddings and funerals (permitted to receive additional compensation from the parties involved).
Pipe Organ- Wicks
Upright Piano- Yamaha
Electronic Keyboard- Roland Digital Piano
Hand Bells and Chimes
For Questions please call the church, 262 782-8875
Please note: We are open to negotiate the details of the position.
Qualified applicants should mail or email a resume and cover letter to the attention of :
Pastor Cheri Johnson firstname.lastname@example.org
Reformation Lutheran Church, ELCA
915 Adelmann Ave.
Brookfield, WI 53045