ADMINISTRATIVE TREASURER & OFFICE ASSISTANT
The Administrative Treasurer and Assistant performs the financial transactions, maintains the financial records and prepares financial reports and statements. This part-time position works with the Council Treasurer and reports to the church Pastor designated in the staff handbook organizational chart.
The key objectives of this position are to accurately maintain the church finances, support the Pastors and Program Staff as well as be a first contact to visitors and church members.
- Be an active Christian who is committed to our Lord Jesus Christ.
- Strong team skills with ability to adapt to changes as needed
- Strong organizational skills with ability to multi–task and adapt to changes as needed
- Excellent written, interpersonal, and telephone skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and office equipment such as copy machines, printers, etc.
- Strong attention to detail, and strong grammar, spelling, and proofreading skills
- Minimal travel within the immediate geographical area using a personal vehicle
- Valid driver’s license for conducting general administrative tasks (mileage reimbursement available)
- Ability to work 24 hours per week
Position Responsibilities (Administrative):
- Produces documents and/or PowerPoint presentations for church-wide events, weekly and specialty bulletins
- Answers incoming calls and returns messages
- Generates weekly, monthly, and annual reports requested by individuals from the staff or church committees
- Conducts tours and answers questions of those visiting the church
- Attends Church Council meetings as needed
Position Responsibilities (Treasurer):
- Maintains current, accurate and balanced accounts receivable and payable
- Ensures timely bill, benevolence and wage payments are made
- Makes all financial deposits and monitors church savings and checking accounts and reports all information to the Council Treasurer
- Provides all financial and other requested reports to the Council Treasurer and other church committees
- Assists Council Treasurer with all year-end reports and audits
- Prepares and submits all payroll reports to the accounting payroll vendor
- Maintain personnel files and wage/hour records
- Other related duties as assigned by the pastors
- The ability to communicate effectively with others, tactfully handling confidential information
- GED or high school graduate, with additional accounting or bookkeeping education or training desired (e.g. accounts receivable/payable, payroll & budget and statement preparation, tax reports)
- Valid driver’s license for use with general administrative tasks
Please submit your resume by October 19, 2018 to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org