|All Peoples Gathering Church
Let the Glory of the Lord Rise Among Us!
JOB TITLE: Minister of MusicSUMMARY: The Minister of Music is responsible for directing the planning, organizing, conducting the music ministry at All Peoples Church. All Peoples Church has a piano in the sanctuary.
PAY: $16,250 annually. This position DOES NOT offer benefits.
WORK SCHEDULE: Part-time. Work hours include Sundays 8:30 a.m. – 1:00 p.m., Wednesday evenings 6:30 p.m. – 8:00 p.m., Christian holiday worship services that fall outside Sunday worship and occasional additional special events.
REPORTS TO: The pastor. In the absence of a pastor, the council president will assume the responsibilities.
• Experience with playing piano and singing a diversity of styles
• Knowledge of Christian church theology and music
• Experience with leading and conducting other musicians and choirs
• Ability to play the piano
• Ability to sight-read
• Skill of improvisation desired
• Work with the Pastor in selecting music for regular and special worship services, including weddings, funerals and special projects
• Play for all services of the church
• Direct gospel choir in rehearsals and worship
• Direct congregational singing at all regularly scheduled worship services
• Coordinate the music program with the organizational calendar and emphases of the church
• Coordinate maintenance of church music equipment
• Bring new resources and ideas to the worship life
• Rehearse with church choir and special musicians as scheduled
• Support the church’s worship environment through the well-prepared execution of music
• Provide music for weddings and funerals, if requested by family (Compensation for services will be paid as an honorarium by the family)
• Support the overall mission of the congregation through other duties as assigned by the pastor, or council president in the absence of a pastor
Please submit resumes and letter of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org to the attention of Jennifer Bardeen and Kevin Koehler.