Joy & Celebration Band Director
Reports to: Music Director, with accountability to the Senior Pastor
This position seeks to glorify God by enriching the congregation’s worship experience through contemporary music. The Joy & Celebration Band Director is responsible for providing leadership to the Joy & Celebration Band to encourage and support excellence in music. The focus of such ministry shall be in enhancing the worship experience through music, encouraging growth in faith and creative fellowship.
- Leads the Joy & Celebration Band during Saturday night contemporary worship services throughout the entire year (52 weeks).
- Leads the Joy & Celebration band for special seasonal services as determined by the Pastors and/or Music Director.
- Plans and directs weekly rehearsals with the band through the year (52 weeks).
- Assists the Pastors in choosing the music for Saturday night services and special seasonal contemporary services.
Qualifications and Skills
- Proven skills and excellence as a musician of contemporary worship music.
- Proven skills and effectiveness in team-building and fostering a supportive, Spirit-filled environment.
- Effective leader with the ability to inspire musicians to share their Spiritual Gifts with the congregation.
- Effective “team player” with the ability to relate to others via excellent interpersonal skills.
- Values meaningful worship experiences and invites and includes all people.
- Ability to uphold values consistent with the core values of Lord of Life Church.
Resumes and/or inquiries should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org by Wednesday, December 12th.