YOUTH AND FAMILY DIRECTOR
POSITION SUMMARY The Youth and Family Director is a part time staff position (10-15hrs/week). The Youth and Family Director will seek to engage youth and families (from the congregation and neighborhood) into the full life of United Lutheran Church. The Youth and Family Director will develop programming for: education, fellowship, service, and worship opportunities.
1. Coordinate with pastor and staff for effective ministry.
2. Provide work and service projects inside and outside the congregation.
3. Provide educational opportunities in the areas of faith and life issues and social justice.
4. Develop and maintain personal relationships with the youth and their families through programs, social media, and making personal connections.
5. Work with staff to recruit, develop, and encourage volunteers, parents, and senior members in cross- generational fellowship and discipleship activities.
6. Integrate the youth into worship and other ministries of the congregation.
7. Partner with other local churches, Synodical and ELCA events.
8. Regularly participate in worship and fellowship at United Lutheran Church and encourage youth to do the same.
9. Provide timely announcements and updates to the congregation through: newsletters, church calendars temple talks, and social media.
10. Attend staff meetings.
11. Provide recommendations for improvement to the Pastor.
12. Coordinate and attend annual events such as, but not limited to, Summer VBS, Annual Easter Egg hunt, Sunday School and seasonal fellowship events held approximately once every 6 – 8 weeks.
1. Willingness and ability to share your faith with others.
2. Good communication and interpersonal skills.
3. Good organization and time management skills.
4. Ability to identify issues of concern among youth and families and maintain good boundaries and confidentiality.
5. Past experience working with youth and/or families.
6. Ability to work flexible hours including evenings and weekends.
1. Proficient in technology, especially with social media such as Instagram, FB, Snapchat.
2. Appreciation of music in youth and family ministry and/or music skills, preferred.
3. Associate degree minimum with some course work / training in youth development preferred.
1. Pass a background check.
2. Participation in continuing education opportunities related to position.
3. Willingness to work with other churches and denominations.
4. Occasional travel.