Praise Band Leader Job Description
Trinity Lutheran Church
Reports to: Pastor
FLSA: Non-Exempt, hourly (approx. 25 hrs/month, annual cap of 300 hours)
The Praise Band Leader will be responsible for leading and coordinating Soul Purpose, the praise
band for Trinity Lutheran Church.
• Lead the praise band in performing during worship by singing and playing guitar or
keyboard. (Soul Purpose leads worship 3 times a month during the year and 1 time a month during the summer.)
• Oversee and schedule rehearsals for the band, including pulling/organizing music.
• Communicate song lists, arrangements, and rehearsal schedules to band members.
• Produce creative arrangements of both traditional hymns and contemporary pieces that
complement the skills of the band.
• Recruit members to build the praise band from within TLC as well as outside.
• Work cooperatively with the Pastor in worship planning and selection of music for worship, recognizing that the ultimate decision-making for the specifics of worship lies with the Pastor.
• Attend staff meetings as called by the Pastor.
• Be a member of the Worship and Music Ministry Team.
• Oversee maintenance of Soul Purpose’s musical equipment.
• Maintain copyright licenses and reporting.
• Other duties as assigned by the Pastor.
• Bachelor’s or equivalent degree in music, music education, church music, or another related field.
• Experience leading, singing, or playing in Christian praise bands.
• Competency at the keyboard or guitar and a working knowledge of other instruments.
• Ability to work well with other staff members, pastors, and congregational leaders.
• Open to creative and innovative styles of worship and music.
Inquiries and resumes may be sent to Pastor Denise Mbise at email@example.com.