The Youth Program Director is responsible to the congregation through the Youth and Education Committee Council representatives for the development, promotion, and implementation of the youth program of the church.
• Christian committed to the principles of RIC (Reconciling in Christ) and will welcome, include and celebrate members of the
• Experience in leadership, organization and administration.
• Trained in identifying the needs of youth, planning the youth ministry program, and implementing the youth ministry program.
• Ability to work well with pastoral staff and committed to team planning and building.
• A two or four year degree or equivalent experience.
• A benefit would be Education in Religion, Church Ministry, or related field.
• Skills in developing relationships.
STAFF STRUCTURE AND RELATIONSHIPS:
• Maintain work schedule as determined at time of hire and in letter of hire.
• Cooperate with church leaders for the good of the church.
• Consult with Pastor and the Youth and Education Committee regarding plans and policies.
• To oversee and coordinate the activities of the youth program.
• To faithfully attend church services and church activities.
• Pray for the students, staff and parents of the youth ministry.
• Promote the youth ministry to the church and local community.
• Plan, organize, and implement local and global service opportunities for the youth.
• Develop relationships with area schools, local churches, and officials.
• Attend and participate in youth activities.
• Recruit, train, and supervise the work of adult leaders to help in youth ministry activities.
• Develop fellowship events that appeal and draw youth.
• Plan, in consultation with the Pastor, the Sunday School Director, and the Children’s Music Director, the format and content of youth
• Train and organize youth acolytes.
• Coordinate fundraising efforts for youth activities and outreach.
• Provide coordination in the purchase, care, and use of all materials and equipment for the youth ministry program.
• Provide content information relative to youth programs in a timely manner to Office Secretary for production of the weekly bulletin and
any other ways to promote the youth program.
• Coordinate outreach efforts among youth to congregational members.
• Maintain open communication with parents.
• Work with the Council to prepare the annual budget in relationship to the Youth Program.
• Plan personal leave so as to be respectful and informative of other staff and the church calendar.
• Provide for continued personal growth through available study programs.
• Perform other duties as assigned or requested by either the Pastor or the Youth or Education Committees Council representatives.
Job Type: Part-time (l5 hours/per week. Hours may vary during the course of the church year.)
Salary: $17,000 – $19,000 range
*Interested in applying for the position? Please complete the application below and email it, along with a resume to the contact listed below.
Bethany Thede Wray
(Click on ’employment-application’ below to download the application.)