Cross Lutheran Church is seeking an individual who will be unfazed in the face of ever-changing circumstances and occasional chaos, has strong management skills, the ability to work well with others of all abilities, and a desire to improve the kitchen environment as well as the operation of the kitchen to better serve the parishioners at Cross Lutheran as well as the guests of the many programs we offer.
- Order materials, supplies, and ingredients as needed in the kitchen.
- Ensure the kitchen is clean and organized after every use.
- Maintain weekly and monthly reports, including storage temperatures and pest control.
- Be aware of necessary maintenance and repairs on kitchen appliances and needed updates of appliances and address these issues with the Community Program Manager.
- Schedule volunteers as needed for daily events as well as for special events.
- Update Partner Congregations regarding monthly schedules and any changes in scheduling.
- Supervise kitchen volunteers and if needed recruit and train new kitchen volunteers
- Receive and store all food products in compliance with health and safety regulations.
- Organize and oversee the food procurement, preparation, and if needed the cooking process by those preparing meals for the programs of Cross Lutheran, including the men from the Cheney Center and the Partner Congregations who prepare meals for the Wednesday Bread of Healing Empowerment Program. Willingness to step in if help is unavailable or those cooking are not performing as expected or in a timely manner.
- Ability to set up and manage the Choice Food Pantry each Wednesday as scheduled. Specifics of the pantry will be discussed during interview.
- Ability to work well under pressure and in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work with a diverse population of people.
- Excellent oral communication skills and written skills.
- Capable of conducting and assessing kitchen inventory.
- Experience with delegating tasks and maintaining an appropriate speed of service.
- Previous experience in kitchen management, dietary, or cafeteria service.
- Ability to build positive relationships with staff, volunteers, community partners, faith community partners, and guests.
- Primarily 1st shift, but must be willing to work an occasional off day and/or weekend.
- Serv-Safe certification or willingness to become certified in the first year of employment.
Hours, compensation, and benefits: Part-time 20-25 hours per week. Salary to be discussed – pay range $12 to $15 based on experience. Please send resume to email@example.com and call Cross Lutheran at 414-344-1746 to schedule an interview.