Position: Director of Parish Operations
Accountable to: Pastors
Position Summary (Full Time; 40 hours a week): Serving the Pastors, staﬀ, congregation council and members as a resource person. The Director of Parish Operations needs to be knowledgeable about all aspects of the church, including: the Church’s Mission and Vision, Church Software, Oﬃce Procedures, Accounting, Human Resources, Training, Risk Management, Facilities (buildings, grounds and equipment) and IT.
Job Description Administrative:
- Oversee day-to-day (M-Th) and Sunday morning
- Maintain and facilitate an oﬃce environment which is based in the shared belief in the mission, ministry and values of
- Encourage, motivate, challenge and help staﬀ develop their greatest potential in their respective positions.
- Hire and manage support staﬀ.
- Oﬃce Assistants
- Financial Secretary
- Facilities personnel
- Human Resources:
- Onboard new employees: Provide necessary paperwork such as PAF, a copy of personnel manual, and beneﬁt forms (if applicable); discuss policy and procedures
- Onboard employees: Ensure all church assets are returned, if applicate, provide information regarding continuation of health, dental and life insurance
- Maintain employee records and ﬁle
- Oversee/ensure year-end performance evaluations are conducted
- Oversee the coordination of Worship volunteers required for scheduled services and events, ie greeters, welcome desk, holy grounds, ushers, acolytes, and communion assistants
- ensure adequate number of volunteers are present for all worship services
- Coordination includes scheduling, conﬁrming.
- Coordinate Special Events [Baptisms, Weddings, Funerals, other special worship services]
- Accountable to ensure that all aspects for special events are performed and accurate
- Coordination includes scheduling, conﬁrming, and managing last minute details
- Facilitate annual trainings for Administrative staﬀ, non youth or adult ministry volunteers and possibly other departments, as deemed necessary
- Work in unity with church leadership regarding church operations, missions outreach, programs and collaborations that will further the ministry and mission of OSLC.
- Ensure adherence to 501(c)(3) laws and record-keeping, etc.
- Develop and maintain a complete and accurate inventory of all OSLC assets.
- Coordinate equipment needed for staﬀ and facilities.
- Oversight of IT and IT vendor \ Develop and maintain organized systems, protocols and manuals; employee, facilities.
- Other duties as assigned
- Maintain proper insurance policies and coverage for parish such as health, property, liability and workers’ comp.
- Ensure all background for staﬀ and volunteers are conducted as required
- Maintain the security and safety of facility
- Oversight of buildings, assets and grounds.
- Oversight of infrastructure improvements or renovations.
- Oversight of the ﬁnancial operations of OSLC including developing and maintaining the Operating budget and overseeing the bookkeeper and ﬁnancial secretary
- Candidate exhibits a meaningful and growing personal relationship with Jesus Christ and models the biblical standard of personal conduct and lifestyle.
- Candidate will be an active participant in the church, growing in community with the people they love and serve.
- Candidate models a biblical standard of personal conduct and lifestyle.
- Candidate supports and adheres to the mission, values, and philosophy of ministry of OSLC
The ideal candidate will have:
- A bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in business administration or a related ﬁeld and/or Experience working in a church or non-proﬁt ministry is preferred.
- 3-5 years’ experience in staﬀ, program and facilities management with a proven track record of excellence.
- The ability to communicate eﬀectively and kindly, both verbally and in writing, and give clear direction.
- A history of good servant leadership and the ability to work collaboratively with a great staﬀ of pastors, administrative employees and Congregation Council. Must be able and willing to mentor and support staﬀ members in order that each one succeeds in their respective roles.
- Strong organizational skills, with a personal attention to detail.
- Excellent computer and word processing
- A working knowledge and adherence to 501(c)3 compliance laws in regard to requirements and recording.