6321 Heg Park Rd.
Wind Lake, WI 53185
Temp Youth Director position
August to December 31, 2021 (or sooner if possible for planning/summer trips)
Days and Hours worked: hourly, $15/hour
10-20 hours per week, including Sundays, staff meetings (if available), monthly Youth board meetings, and weekly supervision meeting with Pastor Mark and/or Pastor Kristie
Prep/planning time, on your schedule (6 hours)
Wednesday: 5-9pm (4 hours)
(Confirmation class and Jr high youth group) Friday or Saturday: when events are scheduled (4 hours)
Sunday: 8-noon (4 hours) (Worship/JAM)
6-8pm (2 hours)
(Sr. High Youth group)
Reports to: Pastor Mark Jaramillo for Youth groups Pastor Kristie for Confirmation and JAM
What is the primary purpose of this job?
The Temporary Youth Director is to implement the youth program as designed and instructed by the Youth Board and Pastor Mark, assuring that it works to create a strong center in Christ within all our youth and families with young children. The Youth Director is to be a fun, energetic, and faith-filled person who can embody the Christian life lived out in service to neighbors for the youth and families of Norway Lutheran Church. The Youth Director will be expected to enthusiastically recruit youth to attend all youth events, especially the summer trips for Middle and High school students.
- Attendance at at least one Sunday Service each weekend
- JAM (our version of Sunday School) leadership with Pastor Kristie
- Creation of weekly tech presentation for the lesson written by Pastor Kristie
- Assist in training and equipping youth JAM volunteers
- Offer children’s messages at both Sunday Services if skilled to and as time allows, scheduled by the
Lead a Christ centered Youth Ministry Program
- Lead events as designed with the Youth Board for 3-5th graders, 6-8th graders and High Schoolers that will grow their faith as well as their investment and involvement in NLC
- Design (with Youth Board) and lead weekly Middle School youth group, Wednesdays 6:30 – 8:30 m.
- Design (with Youth Board) and lead weekly High School youth group, Sundays 6 – 8 p.m.
- Assist Pastor Kristie with the teaching of Confirmation 5:30-6:30 Wednesday nights October – Use this time to connect with the junior high age youth and recruit for youth events.
- Youth Board
- Pastor Mark will remain in charge of the youth board and direction of youth
- A member of the youth board will become the chair and work with Pastor Mark and the new Temporary Youth Director to build the
- Temporary Youth Director will work with the board to develop an annual calendar of events for the entire school year
- Meet with the Youth Board at least once a month for support and planning, modifying the calendar as needed to meet annual goals set by Pastor Mark, Congregational Council, and the Youth Committee themselves
Communication and Record Keeping
- Publicize events and recruit attendees through the newsletter, bulletin announcements, verbal announcements, social media/email, and phone calling
- Submit details for monthly and upcoming events to the Communications Coordinator by the 15th of month for inclusion in the upcoming newsletter and by Wednesday for the Friday email
- Maintain the youth page and related content on the website, if skills allow
- Work with Office Manager for youth money management
Supervision & Council Expectations
- Participate in weekly Staff Meetings, if available
- Set a weekly check-in time with Pastor Mark and Pastor Kristie to determine specific tasks needed and performance review