COORDINATOR OF CHILDREN, YOUTH, AND FAMILY MINISTRY
Reports to: Senior Pastor
Status: Part-time (25 hrs./week including Sunday mornings)
Inquiries and resume submissions may be directed to Pastor Beth Ann Stone, Senior Pastor, email@example.com, 262-634-6704.
Job Description: *
Mt. Pleasant Lutheran Church is a medium-sized congregation of the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America in Mt. Pleasant, Wisconsin, seeking a high-energy, creative, and passionate Coordinator of Children, Youth, and Family to join our team. The ideal candidate will provide dynamic leadership and oversight of this ministry through our mission of equipping children, youth, and families to grow relationships with God, each other, and our neighbors in the way of Jesus and in collaboration with our team, work to rebuild this multi-generational congregation’s faith community after a year of only online worship.
1. Plan, coordinate, and work hands-on with all program ministries of the congregation for children (age 3 – Grade 5) and youth (Grade 6 – Grade 12). Such program ministries include Sunday School, youth service projects and trips, fellowship and/or learning events, and Vacation Bible School.
2. Initiate and organize new programs to help equip children, youth, and families in “growing relationships with God, each other, and our neighbors in the way of Jesus” (MPLC Mission).
3. Shepherd the Learn Ministry Team in evaluating existing ministries, setting and accomplishing programmatic goals, and growing relationships among Team members.
4. Recruit, train, and support volunteers, faith mentors, and Sunday School teachers for this ministry area.
5. Review, evaluate, and select curricula for programs such as Sunday School and Vacation Bible School.
6. Work closely with staff and volunteers to ensure needed classroom materials, set-up, and equipment are in place for programs.
7. Participate in all staff meetings to facilitate church calendar coordination, communications, and overlapping ministries.
8. Exercise budget oversight for this ministry area.
• Post high school degree or professional training in Christian education preferred; high school diploma required.
• Leadership or employment experience in youth education, youth ministry, or Christian education.
• Demonstrated experience in creating and facilitating programs, working with children and youth, and working on a team.
• Proficient with Microsoft Word and Outlook; willingness to learn and use new technologies.
• Compliance with the policies of the MPLC Employee Handbook and MPLC Children and Youth Ministry Safety Protocols.
*Full Job Description available upon request.