Holy Cross Lutheran Church
W156N8131 Pilgrim Road,
Menomonee Falls, Wisconsin
262-251-2740 – www.holycrosslutheran.org
Who We Are:
Holy Cross Lutheran Church is a member of the Greater Milwaukee Synod which is part of the ELCA denomination. We have grown with and been a part of Menomonee Falls and the surrounding communities since 1952.
Growing disciples across all generations to do justice, welcome with love, and serve humbly with God.
We are Rooted, We are Relevant, and We are Relational.
What You’ll Love About Working At Holy Cross:
- We are faith-based and mission-driven.
- You’re never alone. Ministry is about community.
- The possibilities for programs and projects within our ministries are endless.
- It’s not just a job, it’s a vocation.
- The workplace is fast-paced, innovative, ever-learning, and adapting.
- We are a community of love, meeting together and encouraging one another to abide in the one who loves us perfectly.
The Communications Specialist has primary responsibility for all communications of Holy Cross. They will create and implement a strategy of digital evangelism and will work closely with our pastors, parish administrator and ministry teams in creating content, copy and visuals for our website, social media platforms, worship production, print publications and press relations.
This is a part-time position with flexible scheduling, averaging approximately 20-25 hours per week with room for additional hours. They will report to the parish administrator.
- Shares in the mission and values of Holy Cross. Lives and leads a life guided by a solid foundation of faith based on Christian teachings.
- Skilled in the use of Microsoft Office, Adobe, WordPress, and other relevant print and electronic communications software.
- Strong writing and communication skills.
- Knowledge of brand consistency.
- A team player who partners with the gifts and skills of other church staff.
- Has the ability to work cooperatively with and direct volunteers.
- A self-learner.
- Ability to think independently and work well on their own.
- Able to follow through on projects to bring them from idea to reality.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Maintains a positive personal social media presence, being mindful of appropriate boundaries and communication.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Experience in communications, graphic design, video production, or marketing.
- Experience writing for features, press releases, e-news, web and social media.
- Knowledge of communication plans and strategies, and editorial calendars.
- Photography experience a plus.
- Create a cohesive online and offline presence on Facebook, Instagram, and other social media platforms by creating engaging content that shares the story of Holy Cross’s ministry, engages our followers, informs them of upcoming events, and builds community.
- Work with pastors and parish administrator to set periodic goals for social media strategy and targets.
- Lead efforts in curating mission stories from across the synod, church, and community, and develop ways to creatively communicate those stories.
- Manage the development and sending of the weekly church e-news emails.
- Develop a system for staff to submit communications and social media requests for their specific ministries.
- Assist parish administrator with content management and day-to-day management of the website.
- Create weekly announcement worship slides.
- Collaborate with the AV team in storyboarding and writing scripts for videos.
- Attend staff meetings and staff retreats.
- Create graphics for use in all communications.
- Available for other communication-related tasks as needed.