Job Description: Office Coordinator
Christ the King Lutheran Church of Delafield, Inc, Delafield, WI 53018
June 30, 2021
Christ the King Lutheran of Delafield, WI is seeking a qualified candidate to serve as our Office Coordinator. Faith-centered and warm hospitality to be shown to all. Professionalism and confidentiality, accuracy and proficiency are highly regarded. A Christian faith with an understanding of the Lutheran church (ELCA) is preferred. The position is 35 hours a week during daytime hours. More information can be found at http://ctkdelafield.org/open-
The Office Coordinator reports to the Pastor, who is the Office Coordinator’s supervisor.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong organizational skills coupled with an ability to attend to details
- Ability to manage projects from beginning to completion
- Strong writing and proofreading skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Adobe Creative Cloud applications
- A baccalaureate or associate degree in related field preferred. A high school diploma or equivalent required.
- A willingness to grow in abilities while working for a Lutheran congregation
- To assist the Pastor in the administrative tasks of the congregation
- To serve as receptionist
- To assist programmatic staff, as directed by the pastor
- Prepare congregational correspondence and publications, typically using Microsoft Office and Adobe Creative Cloud applications
- Prepare and publish weekly bulletins and monthly newsletters
- Prepare mailings for distribution.
- Prepare communications on behalf of staff and congregational leaders
- Prepare other projects as directed by the pastor
- Manage mailing and distribution lists.
- Greet and assist members, guests, and visitors. Answer the phone, direct calls, and take messages.
- Assist with all aspects of administrative management, directory maintenance, logistics, equipment, and storage.
- Perform multifaceted, general office support.
- Troubleshoot calls regarding the plant facility/maintenance issues and facilitate communication as needed for volunteer or commercial support/repairs.
- Complete and maintain congregational records, digital and written, as directed by the Pastor. Issue proper certificates for pastoral acts.
- Maintain and operate office equipment, such as telephone system, photocopiers and computers.
- Maintain an accurate master church calendar.
- Prepare the annual reports for the congregational annual meeting and the ELCA Synod.
- Access members’ financial information through the church’s software database and to release and/or modify as directed by the Financial Secretary or the church member
- Retain and use all software and web-based programs used by the church, including but not limited to retention and use of passwords.
- Send and receive documents and correspondence for the congregation. Send emails. Send and receive mail and packages.
- Manage files and documents.
- Manage inventory of assets and supplies, source for suppliers and vendors, and submit invoices. Place orders and receive shipments.
- Assist in various daily operations. Coordinate between ministry areas and committees.
- Serve as Wedding and Funeral Coordinator, as laid out in the office procedure manual.
- Other duties, as directed by the pastor, who is the supervisor
Signs of Success
- That warm hospitality be shown to all, in person and in other forms of communication
- That accuracy and proficiency be highly regarded and demonstrated
- That professionalism be maintained
- That confidentiality be strictly maintained
- That technology and data files be maintained, carefully secured and regularly backed up
- That collegiality with other staff be maintained and fostered