St. Luke’s Lutheran Church of Waukesha is seeking a musician to accompany/lead its new service, “The Table.” This service is of an alternative style and incorporates a meal and small group time. The Table gathers for worship twice a month, the first and third Sundays of the month in the evening. See the Job Description below
Job Description: Alternative Worship Musician
St. Luke’s Lutheran Church
The Alternative Worship Musician (AWM) works with the pastoral team to help lead the St. Luke’s Lutheran community to worship well at its alternative worship service, The Table.
The AWM reports to the Senior Pastor, who is the AWM’s Supervisor. The AWM also takes direction from the Director of Music Ministries.
- To serve as the primary musician for the congregation’s alternative worship service, The Table.
- To serve as part of the worship planning team, alongside the senior and associate pastor, and to participate in decisions related to The Table worship service.
- Must be proficient at leading worship vocally and on the piano (preferred) and/or guitar.
- A knowledge of Lutheran liturgical practices is preferred.
- Must demonstrate effective organizational and interpersonal skills
- Must demonstrate leadership skills and be self-motivated.
- Must be able to work collaboratively with church staff, members of the congregation, and visitors.
- Must have strong communication skills.
- Must be able to work effectively on the staff by fostering strong and caring relationships.
- To lead and accompany music for the congregation’s alternative worship service, The Table.
- To organize and coordinate repertoire for The Table.
- To encourage and lead others in participation in worship leadership.
- That strong relationships be maintained with the Senior Pastor, other staff members and the congregation.
- That ministries be conduced in organized and effective manners.
- That plans be organized and articulated in effective manners.
- That musicianship be of a high caliber.
- That musical leadership invites strong participation in congregational singing.