Director of Music Ministry – Christ the King – Delafield, WI
The Director of Music Ministry at Christ the King Lutheran Church (CTK) collaboratively assists CTK’s pastor in ministries related to worship and music developing, planning, leading, and supporting activities for all people.
At CTK we value the ability of music to enhance and deepen our worship experiences.
This is a part-time position (estimated 20hrs/week) that could be filled by one or more individuals sharing responsibilities. This position does not include pension or health care benefits.
- Serve as Accompanist
- Work with CTK’s pastor and the director of music to provide music for all worship services of the church including weddings and funerals.
- Make use of the organ, piano, keyboard, and other instruments as appropriate for variety and enhancement of worship services.
- Maintenance of musical instruments owned by CTK.
- Serve as Director for all musical groups
- Recruit, teach, develop, train, rehearse, schedule, and lead a variety of vocal and hand bell choirs.
- Work with CTK’s pastor when scheduling and/or choosing music for groups or individuals.
- Teach new liturgy and hymns to the choir and the congregation.
- Manage the music budget in collaboration with the Worship and Music Committee.
- Arrange for musicians to augment the worship service when CTK’s musical groups are not scheduled to participate.
- Work with the AV/ Tech team to provide appropriate sound and visuals to accompany musical performances.
- Attend staff meetings and the Music and Worship Committee meetings when possible.
- Ensure music and hymn selections are supported by copyright. Maintain licensure and report use of copyrighted material to copyright license companies such as CCLI and One License.
- Encourage participation in synodical and ecumenical choir exchanges.
- Plan services and arrange for backup accompanist and musicians for vacation and absences.
- Live out a Christian life that includes worship, study, service, and prayer.
- An understanding of the Lutheran witness to the gospel.
- An ability and willingness to articulate his/her faith.
- A willingness to grow and to develop in his/her abilities.
- A bachelor’s degree in music is preferred or equivalent education and experience.
- Three to five years of keyboard and director experience desired.
Submit resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to Attn: Toni Schnorr, Christ the King Lutheran Church, 1600 N Genesee Street, Delafield, WI 53018. Any questions call Toni Schnorr, Personnel Team, at 262-416-8012.