Christ the Servant Lutheran Church in Waukesha is seeking an Office Administrator due to an upcoming retirement. The Office Administrator is a friendly, efficient, organized person who offers administrative support to the pastor, staff and church leadership in fulfilling the mission of this congregation. Tasks are primarily office oriented and include some bookkeeping and volunteer coordination. Compensation is $16/hr Plus, based on experience. Full job description is attached. This is a part time position of 25 hours per week. Please forward your resume to email@example.com or apply on Indeed.
Office Administrator Job Description
Christ the Servant Lutheran Church – Waukesha
Job Title: Office Administrator
Reports to: Pastor and CTS Council
Permanent Part-Time Position: 25 Hours/Week
Compensation: $16 plus (Based on Experience)
Summary of Position, Responsibilities and Requirements
The Office Administrator is a friendly, efficient, organized person who offers administrative support to the pastor, staff and church leadership in fulfilling the mission of this congregation. Tasks are primarily office-oriented, but also include some bookkeeping and volunteer coordination.
This person must excel at utilizing the full Microsoft Office Suite (including Publisher, Word, Outlook and Excel), managing the CTS Website (Platform functions like Publisher), and using Power Church (financial church management software). This person must demonstrate strong time management, flexibility and organizational skills and maintain a professional, friendly and healthy communication environment in the office, including the ability to maintain confidentiality when necessary.
- Produce accurate and attractive publications for worship and communication
- Facilitate healthy and appropriate communication in the office (phone, email, mail, walk-ins, social media and website)
- Assist the Treasurer and Finance Committee in maintaining church finances and producing financial reports
- Maintain accurate parish records.
- Manage the Master Calendar for church activities, including CTS Website.
Specific Position Duties
- Bulletin preparation, including gathering information, word processing, desktop publishing, reporting copyright usage, copying/folding
- Preparing the weekly congregation email communication using Constant Contact.
- Recording income/expense, producing checks, coordinate with Treasurer for check signing and recording contributions, manage electronic giving, assist in preparing financial and annual reports.
- Contacting volunteers
- Maintain adequate office supplies
- Manage electronic sign messaging
- Tracking Memorial giving/correspondence
- Communicating with ADP for payroll
- Other duties as assigned
Knowledge and Skill Requirements
- Strong computer skills, especially email and web usage. Excel in using Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Publisher and Outlook) and Power Church (training provided on church financial software)
- Ability to use wide array of office equipment (answering the phone in a professional manner, copy/print/scan)
- Attention to detail, organization and effective time management
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Experience in a Christian liturgical worshiping community and/or a willingness and aptitude for learning the structure of worship.
- Ability to prioritize and multitask
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
Most work involves using the computer, some minor lifting of office supplies
Christ the Servant is a Christian community that strives to be a welcoming and friendly place. Throughout the working day it is common to be interrupted by volunteers, visitors, phone calls and deliveries. The pastor strives to be a consultative and engaged communicator. CTS has a preference for hiring those vaccinated for COVID-19.