Trinity Lutheran Church, a congregation that has declared its commitment to respect, care for, and include all people, has a job opening for a Music Coordinator.
MUSIC COORDINATOR | JOB FUNCTION
The Music Coordinator position is a salaried position requiring approximately 15 working hours per week.
The incumbent is required to be certain that all music portions are in order for Trinity’s 4:00 PM Saturday traditional worship service. Additionally, they will be responsible for coordinating, conducting and accompanying the music pieces for the 9:30 AM Sunday Created to Praise (CTP) contemporary worship services. This requires them to be at Trinity for rehearsal prior to and then during the 9:30 AM worship service on Sunday mornings. The Music Coordinator is vital and essential to Trinity’s commitment to carry out God’s mission. The Music Coordinator is responsible to build and nurture both spiritually and musically teams of musicians, instrumentalists and vocalist to lead music for worship.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Schedule cantors, CTP singers, percussionists, AV volunteers and recording for weekly
- Monthly service planning with pastor(s).
- Create music lists for organists, singers and the office for
- Align the planning of music to coordinate with individual
- Prepare and provide copies of all service music, and audio files to scheduled
- Conduct monthly rehearsals for scheduled
- Create alternate tune/lyric combination bulletin music for traditional service as
- Maintain and update licensing
- Continue to seek out new service music from various
- Maintain lists of music in our service music
- An interest and knowledge in various types of Christian music from traditional to newly
- A passion for communicating the gospel to all ages through
- Excellent organizational
- Strong communication and interpersonal
- Skilled at project
- Must be flexible, adaptable and
SKILLS / REQUIREMENTS
- Strong interpersonal
- Excellent oral and written communication
- Basic computer skills with a working knowledge of music transposing and editing
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
Bachelors degree in music or related field or the experiential equivalent thereof. Two years of experience in church music direction.
Demonstrate the ability to lead, direct and inspire others. TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS | No travel is expected for this position. REPORTS TO | Congregation Council and Parish Pastor(s).
Trinity Lutheran Church is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Send resume to the attention of: Ministry Support Team, firstname.lastname@example.org