Christian Preschool Director – Part Time
Messiah Christian Preschool
Twin Lakes, WI
Full Job Description
Monday – Friday 8:00 AM – 2:00 PM
The Director of Messiah Christian Preschool leads the operations of a preschool located within Messiah Lutheran Church for age groups ranging from 32 months through 5 years of age. The Director manages and oversees all school employees including teachers, assistant teacher, and support staff, ensuring the highest quality Christian early childhood education. Candidates must pass required state and local background checks, and meet state and minimum education and experience requirements.
- Ensure the preschool and its staff remain compliant with all Wisconsin DCF 251 Licensing Rules and Regulation which includes annual state inspections.
- Complete 25 hours of continuing education as directed by Wisconsin DCF251 rules.
- Optimize student enrollments by delivering quality education, care, and customer service to parents and children.
- Lead a talented team and oversee the operations of the facility by using established processes, policies, and procedures that have been proven successful and which meet state childcare licensing standards
- Supervise programming that follows the school’s philosophy, mission, and educational goals and Christian values.
- Work with the pastor of Messiah Lutheran Church to plan and conduct Worship Center for the students of Messiah Christian Preschool.
- Consult with the pastor of Messiah Lutheran Church on an as needed basis regarding any religious or theological questions that may arise connected to the education of the students of the MCP.
- May work in the classroom if limited staffing due to illness and absences.
- Establish a yearly budget for preschool operations and oversee expenditures while remaining within the accepted budget.
- Develop and build relationships with parents and others in the community.
- Oversee fundraising efforts and meet established fundraising goals
- Develop relationships with families of the students and oversee school-wide communication between families and the Messiah Christian Preschool.
- Act as a liaison between Messiah Christian Preschool and Messiah Lutheran Church.
- Organize, direct, and facilitate student recruitment, registration, and enrollment of students.
- Lead monthly parent group meetings.
- Lead and support staff in the daily operations of the preschool. Provide staff development opportunities and feedback for continual growth and development of staff.
- Support and maintain community relationships with the Twin Lakes Chamber of Commerce.
- Collaborate with Messiah Lutheran’s support staff, church secretary and custodian to ensure transparency and smooth operation of the preschool within the Messiah Lutheran Church building and grounds.
- At least 21 years of age.
- High school diploma or its equivalent as determined by the Wisconsin Department of Public Instruction
- A minimum of 320 hours of experience as a teacher or assistant teacher in an Early Childhood setting or have at least 320 hours of experience as a licensee of a family child care center.
- Have completed at least one of the preservice training requirements as determined by the entry level training requirements of the Wisconsin Department of Children and Families.
- Have completed the corresponding additional training requirements within the prescribed time frame.
- Exhibits an inspirational and enthusiastic personality that leads and encourages staff and attracts parents to Messiah Christian Preschool.
- Displays an inclusive, calm, and caring demeanor.
- Possesses the ability to make decisive decisions and exhibit sound judgment.
- Demonstrates basic knowledge of computer operating skills .
- Displays passion for growth and learning in self or others.
- Exhibits strong leadership and communication skills.
- Demonstrates good organizational and planning skills.
- To be determined.
- Negotiated upon interview and dependent upon experience and qualifications.
- Deadline, Friday, January 8, 2023
- Use this form to complete an application. Click here.