- This event has passed.
The Synod Council and Conference Deans are looking forward to holding gatherings this fall to reflect on our mission, vision, and direction as a synod as we begin to prepare for the bishop election in 2022. We will reflect together on our strengths over the past 2-6 years and identify areas of challenge, growth, and new opportunities.
Our time together will include interactive activity and discussion as we seek to hear from our rostered ministers and congregational leaders. Our voices as a conference and all of our congregations are important as we reflect on who we are called to be in mission and ministry as a synod. What new questions are bubbling up for what we need for the future of the church in the Greater Milwaukee Synod? Similar to the process a congregation goes through when preparing to call a pastor, we are focusing on who we are as a synod and where God might be calling us before we turn to the questions of leadership and bishop election.
We hope to see several people from your congregation. Registration is available below. There is no cost, but the registration will help the site prepare for the number of people attending.
All events will begin at 7:00 p.m. A list of congregations and conferences is available here.
- West Conference – October 21 at Christ the King, Delafield
- South Central Conference – October 28 at Luther Memorial, West Allis
- South Conference – November 2 at Mt. Pleasant, Racine
- North Conference – November 3 – St John, Grafton
- Central Conference – November 4 at Bay Shore, Whitefish Bay
- West Central Conference – November 8 – St. Mark’s, Waukesha
We look forward to this time together to reflect together on who we are as a synod and where God might be calling us.