- This event has passed.
Come join us as we celebrate and support the Greater Milwaukee Synod Lutheran Campus Ministry, and join Pastor Rachel Young Binter with students from UWM Corner House, and Pastor Jessica Short with students from Marquette University.
The LCM Chili Cookoff takes place from 5:00 to 8:00 pm on Saturday, January 25, 2020, at Mt. Hope Lutheran Church, 8633 W Becher Street in West Allis.
Can’t attend? You can make a direct donation to LCM here:
CHILI COOKOFF – GENERAL INFORMATION
Tickets: $25/each (online, or at the door)
Children under 12: FREE (must be accompanied by an adult; please register)
- chili samples;
- toppings bar;
- desserts and coffee;
- live music;
- wine and beer will be available for purchase.
- NEW this year: Kids’ Korner with hot dog supper and children’s activities.
Registration for this event is now OPEN!
CHILI ENTRIES – GENERAL INFORMATION
*Chili Entries will be accepted ONLINE only. Chili registration is now OPEN!
*A maximum of twenty chilis will be accepted for the cookoff.
*Chili Entries will be in one of these three categories:
- Traditional Chili (first ten entries will be accepted)
- White Chili (first five entries will be accepted)
- Vegetarian Chili (first five entries will be accepted)
*Entrants must bring the following:
- Large Crockpot full of your chili entry, hot and ready to serve by 4:45 pm
- (If not ready by 4:45, your chili will not be judged)
- Two serving spoons
- Extension cord for your crockpot
- Optional: Specific toppings for your chili (we will provide a basic toppings bar as well as crackers and bread)
- Chili cooks should arrive no later than 4:30 pm for setup, and chili must be ready to serve by 4:45 pm
- Chili cooks are asked to be present and to serve their chili from 5:00 to 6:15 pm
- Chili cooks will display a form (supplied by us) which will include allergy information. This form will also include a place for cooks to rate their chili from 1 – 4 in terms of ‘heat’ (1 mildest, 4 hottest)
- Judging will be done by a panel of “celebrity” judges. Prizes will be awarded for best traditional, white and vegetarian chili, as well as a People’s Choice award.
- Any chili recipe that has been a category winner at a past LCM Chili Cook Off may not be entered again. You are free to enter a new recipe.