The Zeidler Center for Public Discussion, in partnership with the Greater Milwaukee Synod, invites applications from Greater Milwaukee congregations who seek support with any of the following issues:
- Civil discussion of challenging social topics (political polarization, race relations, LGBTQ issues, etc.)
- Improved communication regarding issues that have led to internal divisions or tension between members
- Support in facing significant transitions (i.e. change in leadership, growth or decline of membership, questions about sustainability, etc.)
To serve the leaders, congregations, and surrounding neighborhoods of these churches, the Zeidler Center provides innovative, strategic services to help these congregations usher in transformational change. These services include:
- Trained professional facilitators
- Detailed and structured processes for planning and for congregational meetings
- Proven communication tools that encourage deep listening, fostering trust, reconciliation and movement through conflict
- Facilitated input groups and listening sessions
- Comprehensive dialogue and process reports that include recommendations, participant feedback, and qualitative and quantitative data analysis
This program is generously funded by the Siebert Foundation and the Greater Milwaukee Synod, and is available to a limited number of congregations per year. Congregations are asked to provide a small investment for these services including catering, printing, and a donation.
More information about the Zeidler Center: www.zeidlercenter.org
Direct questions about this program to:
Zeidler Center Executive Director, Dr. Katherine Wilson (firstname.lastname@example.org.)
Bishop of the Greater Milwaukee Synod, Bishop Paul Erickson (email@example.com).
To apply, please fill out the form below. Your application will be reviewed by Bishop Erickson and Synod staff.
For support beginning in Fall 2017, applications are due by July 15th.