The purpose of Stewardship For All Seasons (SAS) is to guide pastors and congregation leaders to learn tried and true basic principles and effective methodologies to carry out productive stewardship programs. Learn how to do year-round, on-going stewardship resulting in more money for ministry, more energized stewards, and a culture of generosity.
RELY ON MORE THAN THE ANNUAL STEWARDSHIP APPEAL. THINK STEWARDSHIP DEVELOPMENT.
BENEFITS OF STEWARDSHIP FOR ALL SEASONS
- Prepare your congregation’s story
- Educate people to tell that story
- Focus attention on your congregation’s mission
- Inspire people to give generously
- Learn tools and methods that really work
- Build a team that enjoys leading stewardship efforts
- Become confident and skilled in stewardship development › Apply biblical principles to gain more resources for mission › Experience the joy of asking and giving
- Avoid searching for the latest hot stewardship program
- Increase annual giving by 10 – 20% or more each year
Congregations participating in SAS will sign a covenant that outlines responsibilities and expectations of the congregation and the synod.
The fee is reduced to $1,900 per year with a 2 year commitment because of the synod partnership. Congregations are also asked to contribute back to the synod 10% of the increased revenue generated to cover the costs associated with this program.
Spring 2020 – Congregations approve participation and select teams
May – First meeting of all Rostered Leaders and at least one member of SAS team from each congregation meet with consultant
June-July – Electronic meeting with consultant, congregational council and SAS team to discuss process and goal setting
August – First gathering of teams with consultant
August 30-September 15 – Individual consultations by Skype/GoTo mtg
September – Meeting of team
October 1-November 30 – Congregational appeals conducted
January 2021 – Meeting to launch season of Evaluation and to review results from Fall drive
March 2021 – Meeting to look at special giving options
Fall 2021-April 2022 – Calendar to be provided later