Online registration for this event is now closed. If you have not already registered, please plan to come early on Saturday and register at the event; please bring your $10 event fee in the form of a check made out to the “Greater Milwaukee Synod.” Walk-in registrants are encouraged to bring a bag lunch, so that they can join their fellow cluster attendees for the 11:30 – 1:00 cluster lunch gatherings. (Box lunches have already been ordered and reserved for attendees who registered by the 5th.)
“Together in Mission” combines elements of last year’s cluster assembly with our former Lead & Learn event.
Our gathering is geared toward congregational leaders, staff, and rostered leaders. It is a time to celebrate that we are together in mission, to engage our questions, to learn from one another, and to dwell in God’s Word. The day will include two workshop slots and time for clusters to meet together over lunch.
8:30 – 9:00 am Gathering & Coffee
9:00 – 9:45 am Dwelling in the Word
10:00 – 11:15 am Workshops – Morning Session
11:30 am – 1:00 pm Cluster Lunch Gatherings
1:15 – 2:30 pm Workshops – Afternoon Session
2:45 pm Closing
The individual workshop options are now finalized. You will be asked to choose morning and afternoon workshop options when you register. (If you have previously registered, and did not choose workshops at that time, you should have received an email from us. Please feel free to call us at 414.671.1212 to check on your workshop selections.)
Workshop topics will include:
- Neighborhood Outreach: Listening and Engaging in our Communities
- Call Processes & Transitions (Learn how the call process works)
- Be Safe, Be Prepared: How to Survive An Active Shooter
- From Caution to Courage: Stories of Loving our LGBTQ Neighbor
- Beer, Bees, Bread & Beyond: Imagining New Ministry Edges (new innovative ministries in our synod)
- The 6½ Worst Things You Can Do With Your Portico Benefits
- Church Treasurers’ and Administrators’ Benefits Workshop
- Changing the Narrative: From the Womb to the Tomb (presented by the Anti-Racism Team)
- The Forgotten Luther: Reforming the Economy
- Awareness of Mission: The Mt. Meru Coffee Project & More
- What About Stewardship?
- and more! Read about all of our workshops here.
The event fee is $10, which includes a boxed lunch. Childcare will be available upon request.Register Now